Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Odd Moment

I'm going to Baltimore for a convention this week. The trip went from idea to execution in about 7 hours flat. I'll be driving down with some family friends I've never spent an extended amount of time with and there'll be something on the order of 5,000 Nepalis running around a hotel on the July 4th weekend.

Last night, just before I went to sleep, I got scared. "There's not going to be many people I know there and I'll be essentially alone in an unfamiliar city. Maybe I should just call off the whole thing off and get some work done here."

In my 22 years I've traveled all over the planet with all kinds of people or by myself, had fantastic experiences, gotten in and out of tough situations, learned how to handle myself pretty well, and I'm still saying this stuff to myself late at night.



Fuck that. Baltimore ho!

No comments: